He is the biggest box office draw ever, having had movies that he starred in gross more money combined than any other actor on the planet, living or dead. Harrison Ford has shown TONS of range, playing, to wit:
- An ass-kicking galactic smuggler (Han Solo)
- An ass-kicking archaeologist (Indiana Jones)
- An ass-kicking President of the United States (in Air Force One)
- An ass-kicking robot bounty hunter (Blade Runner)
- An ass-kicking doctor who totally didn't murder his wife. Tommy Lee Jones doesn't care. (The Fugitive)
- An ass-kicking cop playing an ass-kicking Amish (Witness. I swear I'm not making that up)
Okay so maybe he doesn't have that much range. But when I was a kid I frigging idolized Indiana Jones. I remember when we went to MGM Studios when I was a little boy, I bought a genuinely and officially licensed Indiana Jones fedora. Man I felt so cool having adventures in the yard wearing that thing. Also I always thought it was really cool how Indy could talk without really moving his lips at all.
In fact, Harrison Ford SHOULD be alot higher on this list, considering that he was in the three Star Wars movies that actually mattered AND that he was Indiana Jones. But he's gotten old, he's lost a bit of his touch, and more important (and embarrassingly) he has made a string of gawdawful movies the last ten years or so, including Firewall, Holywood Homicide, and, perhaps worst of all, K-19: The Widowmaker. God damn, Widowmaker was terrible.
Next time on the list, something completely different. A man sitting at a desk announcing complete non sequiteur comedy sketches.